One of the first recipes I posted here at The Organized Pantry was my Ultimate Vinaigrette. In my earnestness to burst forth into the blogosphere, I fear that my shabby photos and newbie post didn’t quite do this awesome recipe justice.
If you’re willing to humour me, check out my new and improved Ultimate Vinaigrette post here. It’ll tell you about why I’m audacious enough to label it the ultimate recipe for vinaigrette!
But now how to use this wonderful vinaigrette other than on a green salad?
Oh, I’m so glad you asked! Let’s talk and figure out all the wonderful and wacky ways to use this or any other vinaigrette. I’ll start.
8 New Ways to Use Vinaigrette
- With shredded carrots, raisins, and pecans for a quick side salad.
- As a marinade for chicken before BBQ-ing
- Drizzled over steamed vegetables (Especially good on broccoli!)
- Spooned over grilled salmon.
- Drizzled on fruit salad. Seriously good.
- On a baked potato instead of butter and sour cream.
- Poured over hot, cooked quinoa and tossed with fresh herbs.
- Sandwich spread instead of mayo. Creamy and flavourful without the fat.
Okay…that’s it for my brainstorming session. But come on- there’s gotta be more ways to use vinaigrette! Let’s put our heads together and do this. Leave me your idea in the comments- we’d all love to hear it! :)